Monday, April 13, 2009

How can I save a peace lily?

My roommate left behind a War (beta fish) %26amp; Peace (peace lily) plant thing when she moved out this summer. When I returned for fall semester the water in the vase was extremely low and the leaves were browning. I have since cut off the dead leaves, put clean water in, and cleaned the dead roots. The plant is still in the %26#039;water vase%26#039; and still has green leave (but not many). I am afraid I am going to kill this poor plant. What can I do to save it? Would potting it cause damage since it%26#039;s use to being submerged? If potting it is what I need to do, what exactly do I need to do to give this poor guy a health second chance? Can it survive in the water vase with a new beta? I keep finding conflicting info on this War %26amp; Peace decors.

How can I save a peace lily?
Sounds like the war ended? If the fish is out of the vase give the lilly a weak solution of fertilizer or pot it and water with weak fertilizer. 1/4 teaspoon miracle gro to 1 gallon of water = weal solution. Or add a new fish.





It%26#039;s a symbiotic relationship: fish eats algae that grows on plant, fish feces fertilize the plant. good luck.
Reply:You might watch it for a few days to see it there is any new growth I have done the same to my daughters lily and it always seems to come back-good luck!



Soles

No comments:

Post a Comment