Monday, April 20, 2009

How do I care for a calla lily?

My sister bought my a calla lily in a pot. What do I do to take care of it and keep it alive? I LOVE IT!!

How do I care for a calla lily?
I work with a lot of plants and the first thing I tell people when they get a new plant from a store is to repot it. You can use the same pot but take out the dirt and put it in some good potting soil. The stuff they put plants in doesn%26#039;t support long term growth and is intenced for short term rapid growth. They want the plant to grow rapidly and look great and then die after a short while so you will buy another. After replacing the dirt, put it in partial shade/sun and water it every few days. I fertalize mine about once a month with liquid fertalizer.



beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment