Sunday, April 19, 2009

Can anyone tell me how to take care of a Calla Lily?

I have a Calla Lily from my mom%26#039;s funeral and I would like to know if anyone knows how to maintain it? Right now it is sort of limp, so I would like help soon, so I dont lose it. There is another %26quot;plant%26quot; as well, called a dieffenbachia. It did not come with a tag or anything. BTW I live in Florida so if anyone has grown these or is growing these please let me know. Also I live in an apt, so I need to know if I can keep these inside or not. Any help is and will be appricated.

Can anyone tell me how to take care of a Calla Lily?
Calla lilies grow well in pots. They come from a bulb and usually start looking ugly when the weather gets warm. I live in Southern Ca. Mine are outside in pots when they start looking ugly I just cut them down to about 1 inch from the soil. I water it and ignore it because it doesn%26#039;t look nice and wait till fall/winter when they start to bloom again. They are a perineal so they will come back every year. They like light. I have mine in the sun. If you have a balcony or small patio put them outside. Get a big pot and plant something over it such as a geranium. That way you will have something pretty to look at in between the times the plant is looking ugly. I am wondering however, if perhaps your lily is a peace lily? If so it%26#039;s flower looks more like a leaf and is also white. It is an indoor plant and like indirect sun. I have mine in my bathroom where it get lots of light. A Calla lily looks more like an upside down heart and kind of curls out on the side. Let the soil get dry between watering%26#039;s. I don%26#039;t know anything about your other plant, sorry. My condolences on the death of your mother.
Reply:you can keep these in the house, they need filtered light, the calla Lilly can be planted outside and will come back year after year because it is a perennial and the dieffenbachia is a house plant water once a week but more if it dries out but do not over water because you could kill it it is fairly easy to take care of you can put it outside in the shade also hope this helps



dry skin care

No comments:

Post a Comment