Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Question about my water lily and Hyacinth?

I have a small pond I started about a month ago. I have a few fish and the pond seems to be pretty clean. The water lily I have has one flower in bloom and one bloom that all of sudden started to turn brown and doesn%26#039;t look very good. What makes that. I guess I should just cut it off shouldn%26#039;t I. Also some parts of the hyacinth is looking dead and slimy. I also have a piece of water lettuce. The pond gets full sun and was recommended to me that I have pleanty of plants to keep the algee down. My fish seem to be fine. Any helpful hints on taking care of these plants would be appreciated.


Thanks

Question about my water lily and Hyacinth?
water lilies do this. put a fertilizer stake in it every couple of weeks.just insert it in the soil an inch or so.it will not hurt the fish. the hyacinth%26#039;s also do turn brown and slimy on parts. you just need to break the yucky part off,and it will look better.it will not hurt the plants,they grow very fast,as you will see. the same thing on the water lettuce.have fun,they are so neat in yard%26#039;s or garden%26#039;s!
Reply:They are fine, picture them in nature, they look brown from time to time, it%26#039;s all good, and good luck.



makeup tips

No comments:

Post a Comment