Monday, April 13, 2009

Calla Lily soil mold?

I bought a kit to grow Cala Lily bulbs. It came with coco-peat as the potting medium. I planted it about 2 weeks ago. I checked on it today, the coco-peat is semi-moist and it is about 2/3 covered in mold. What do I do? Is the plant infected with something? Can I save it?

Calla Lily soil mold?
Hi ,





Generally, Calla Lilies shouldn%26#039;t be that difficult to grow. Below is a website that provides some great information concerning the planting and care of Calla Lilies.





I would suggest talking with a nursery person for the tips (take the plant in so the can see what is going on with it... maybe even take it back to where you purchased it). A good nursery will exchange it if there appears to have been something wrong with it at the time of purchase, and certainly can help you nurse it back to health... unless it is beyond repair.





If you can%26#039;t take it in to a nursery (or just don%26#039;t want to), try pulling your lily up and start from the beginning pursuant to the instructions provided in the link below.





I hope this helps. Good luck with your lily!





Hiking Tony



beauty quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment