Friday, July 31, 2009

I've never planted flowers before. I have 2 mums/1 lily,potted.?

I think one mum and the lily are dead. The front of my house gets plenty of sunshine and one side of my house gets morning sun. Any suggestions on where to plant these. What kind of flowers should I get for the front of my house to put around my mailbox? Also, I have a dogwood tree that I think was killed by the heat of last summer. What can I do to try to bring it back?

I've never planted flowers before. I have 2 mums/1 lily,potted.?
Hi, I know mums, and lily's need mostly sunny location, but will do very well with a little shade from evening sun. you do have to be careful with all plants if the hot evening sun hits them. Make sure they don't dehydrate. Oh, the best way I have found to help plants and trees grow better is to give the miracle grow. as for your mail box...(tall)-blazing star, or (tall)-black eyed Susan's,and (small)-Day Lily's do very good in the summer heat.The mix is very pretty, and all will come back next year.


P.S. You need to dig up mums before the cold winter. They will freeze most of the time and not come up the next year.


Hope this helps some.



genealogy mormon

No comments:

Post a Comment